Friday, February 12, 2021

Frigid Friday

It's Chinese New Year although it certainly doesn't feel very festive. It's just bitterly cold. My dogs and I are the only ones at the Bark Park this morning. Oh well. I get them back to the house and myself off to the gym.

I'm able to use all the equipment and stations that I choose. I see a few regulars but I don't pay much attention. I just want to get done. I'm happy that push-ups, pull-ups, and shoulder DB work all feel pretty good today. Especially considering that I woke up feeling a tad sore in the upper back. Every day that we go to the Bark Park, I wind up shoveling the gates a bit because loose snow packs into the track and makes it difficult to shut or open the gates properly. It's one way to keep warm but today I don't spend too much time at it. 

I'll take the pups to the park tomorrow too. The husband and son are off to Camp Alpine in NJ to enjoy a heated cabin with other Scouts (and parents), and then High Adventure indoor rock climbing and obstacle courses. I worry about the weather as there's a new wintry nor'easter brewing for Saturday night. I guess there's more shoveling in my future as well. 

12 February 2021
Year of the Ox and Abe Lincoln Friday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 137-188, 110
Cal 308
Distance 2.80

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Bent Knee Glute Kickbacks 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick piriformis stretch

Sneaky HGPU 13

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 w/u
20lbs x 20 x 3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...