Tuesday, February 16, 2021

After The Ice


Although we didn't get much sleet, there was enough last night to make the driveway slick and dangerous. I read about multiple incidents of cars sliding down roads and driveways, of people doing the same. This morning though, it was warm enough to leave a heavy blanket of fog and a lot of slush. As a matter of fact, it seemed downright warm when temps hit 47F. 

The Bark Park was a deep slushfest. But at least the pups got to play with one of their friends before we headed home. I got to the gym much later than I had planned: it was surprisingly empty at 1:30 pm. The later in the day, the harder it is to motivate. But I did get there. And I worked out.

I had a slow start on the elliptical and really thought I wouldn't make it to 2.8. My core routine is getting boring and I'll have to think up something new to do that's not going to aggravate my sciatica. Meanwhile, I have a new twinge where my left leg hinges on the hip. It's sporadic and only when I step at a certain angle. My husband insists I need to see the chiropractor but I've been resistant. I'm always better after a workout, but worse right after I wake up in the morning. I'm sure the 30-year old mattress doesn't help one bit. 

I sneak in some pull-ups before the Seated Cable Rows and surprise myself with 15 reps. The last rep is always a struggle as my forearms started to sting. Luckily, that didn't seem to impede the Cable Rows, although these always get heavier as the set progresses. Or it just seems that way. 

16 February 2021
After the Ice Tuesday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 135-186, 85
Cal 316
Distance 2.84

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Bent Knee Glute Kickbacks 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Piriformis stretch et al

Sneaky HGPU 15

Seated Cable Row
70 lbs x 15 reps
85 x 12
92.5 x 10, 10, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...