Thursday, May 7, 2020

Super Quick

Well, I didn't make it back to my garage yesterday for a "just cardio" day. Instead, I got caught up in a lot of errands and chores. I sat in front of my computer a lot. And then I realized that I could just get up and do a bunch of air squats every time my butt started to get sore from being perched at the edge of the sofa. (One of my dogs insists on claiming that spot for himself and it's extremely difficult to budge him once he's settled in.) So yesterday, I did four sets of bodyweight squats and some stretches in my living room. Not proud, but better than being a complete spud.

Today I get caught up in a bunch of errands as well, and an hour before my son's online kung fu class, I finally have an opportunity to do something in the garage. I'm not keen on 35 minutes of cardio because that won't leave me any time to do anything else. So I only do 20 minutes, and even though I'm wearing the comfy trainers, my right foot still has issues. Or rather, my ankle has some issues. I keep repositioning my foot as I pedal in order to relieve tension and stress on the inside of my foot. Weird and I can't explain it. At least I got 20 minutes in.


The remaining time is used for some basic ab exercises, pushups and pullups, and ends with a set of bodyweight squats. Done. I tried placing my phone in a different spot while I did pushups because I did wonder if I was doing them correctly. (There's no way any woman wants to touch her chest to the floor.) I need my hands wider than the gray foam mat because my left elbow clicked intermittently and hurt with each click. But being short on time (the online class is scheduled through Zoom on my laptop so I have to set it up for my son when the class starts), means I don't want to waste time moving equipment and readjusting mats and boxes. Maybe next time though.

Quick Thursday workout

Vision elliptical
Program: manual
20 min
Miles: 1.78
Calories: 164
HR 78-138

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Pushups 30

HGPU 18

Bodyweight squats 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...