Friday, May 15, 2020

Better Than Nothing

Some days I have too many items on my schedule. Today it's 80F with the threat of hail and tornadoes. Last week there was a frost warning. Happy Spring! I barely have enough time for a workout before I need to sign on to a live webinar given by Glaucoma.org and it's something I don't want to miss. That gives me less than an hour but I can still do a quick workout.

I do a bit better on the elliptical than last time which surprises me. It's about 10 degrees cooler in the garage than outside so it's only a few minutes before I start sweating. No need to bundle up in fleece today! I really do wish I could drop the resistance down to zero. Even at level 1, my quads and hamstrings are stressed. And I really miss the StepMill!

I have just enough time to do core and a few other movements. Just for kicks, I  alternate between leg-up crunches and bent knee crunches. It's less stressful to do three sets of this combo than doing 60 reps of leg-ups followed by 60 reps of bent knees. I set up my phone to record pushups because I'm not entirely certain of my form. I guess next time I should do them slower and more deliberately as my quick bouncy reps are quite sloppy!


The hammer grip pull-ups are fine until I get to rep 14, then it all goes south. I muscle my way through the next two reps but just barely. There's just enough time for some air squats and split squats. And a few quick stretches. Something buzzes my ear as I walk back to the house. It's Spring and the bugs are all out! My son and I saw two tiger swallowtails this morning while walking the dogs. And there's a lone peeper holdout in the pond, down from the dozen last week. Scout Camp has just announced that they're not opening for the summer. School might continue online next Fall. We're just playing it all by ear. My anxiety level is at an all-time high. No surprise there!


Quick Friday workout 81F

Vision elliptical
Program: manual
20 min
Miles: 1.83
Calories: 169
HR 74-100

Crunches 20/20 x 3 sets
Elbow Plank 60s
Knee-Ins 60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Pushups 31
HGPU 16

Bodyweight squats 25
Split Squats 12

Quick Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...