Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Begin In the Middle

It feels like Monday even though today is technically Humpday, Wednesday, mid-week. I was in the middle of a vivid dream when the alarm sounded, with me roaming a multi-level department store in disarray but with "high fashion" items draped precariously over railings and odd mannequins with platinum blonde bob wigs. This morphed into a detective-style chase scene with muscle cars and freeway ramps. No sense whatsoever, except I had visited the Kmart a few days ago.

The store still has a surprising amount of clothing, even with a 90% discount. Most of the larger items are gone, like furniture and appliances. I wanted to say goodbye, and I managed to find some pants for my son, and the purple, ruffled-front sleeveless shirt that only existed on an overlooked headless mannequin. I've been wanting that shirt for months, because it will go with the tropical print pants I bought over the summer and this item no longer existed in the racks. I actually took the mannequin off the platform to strip it of its shirt, but I left the necklace. The store is closing for good in 4 days, its employees not transferred, but laid-off.

I get to the gym before 8 am and only the row of treadmills is crowded. I don't have to think about what I plan to do because after 4 days of inactivity, it's going to be HIIT cardio. What I do afterwards is another matter. Pull ups, push ups and core follow. There are a few people in the free weight area, but the Smith is free so I'm happy. It's been a long time since I "started" the workout week with a Push Day and today is it. It's harder than I remember, so maybe the HIIT cardio is having that effect? I don't make the last two reps. Ugh. But I recover in time to finish all reps for the DB super sets as well as the Rip Skulls. Whew!

My body fat is higher than I'd like, and my weight is creeping up. I'm not making any New Year's resolutions, except to find a paying job. That's my priority, but it's hard to think about giving up my gym routine, so I don't. I'm also fighting what might be a head cold. It's not really a sinus infection, but rather, a very annoying lesion (for lack of a better word) inside at the top of my nasal cavity. Which means my nose is always running, and occasionally a nasty chunk of dried green snot with splotches of blood lands in a tissue. It also itches a lot. Ugh.

My routine is fairly mindless: Cardio warm up. Pull ups. Push ups. Crunches and planks. Inclined bench, DB laterals super set with reverse inclined flyes, finish with Rip Skulls. Stretch. Done. I'm out before 11:00 which is amazing to me considering there's also a shower and change of clothes. Showering takes longer than you might think since I have really long hair, and super dry skin that needs to be moisturized. Now for the rest of the day...

Wednesday Feels Like Monday

Norwegian 4x4
5 min w/u (4 min on / 3 min off) x 4
5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30, 33
Calories 267
Miles 2.54
HR 145-175 (low 115)

HGPU 20

Push Ups 50
Crunches 30 x 2
Bicycles 50
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x60s

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
90 x 12, 12, 10
60 x 25

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
20lbs x 12/15reps x 3 sets

Rip Skulls
40lbs x 12 reps x 3

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...