Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Ruining A Perfectly Good App

In Front of the DB Rack
We had a lovely holiday weekend, with friends over on the actual Fourth, Which meant we ate and drank too much, and now I have to work like the dickens to get myself back into reasonable shape. I didn't work out yesterday either since my son didn't have camp. There weren't any movies worth seeing so we took all his old Skylanders to the GameStop and sold them back for a song. 65 characters and my son got $45, of which he spent almost half on a "new" used video game. Oh well... I'm also giving him a $5 weekly allowance for feeding and walking the dog, which includes getting the beast into his hip harness. It's not so bad. I've placed an order for the Spanish OrtoCanis leg brace, which is more of a neoprene sleeve with a hip strap to see if it'll help the dog stabilize that left leg. It's been in the 90s so I don't blame him for not walking around much outside. I wouldn't either.

Once I get to the gym today, I'm dismayed to find that the icon looks different for my JeFitt workout tracking app. It's worse when I open it. Nothing is the same. It's bright and colorful, except when you need to read how to add sets, or change the view. Then you need to have your readers, or a magnifier. I get so vexxed with the app that halfway through crunches, I give up and resort to "jotting" my workout down on the notepad in my phone. And then I email it to myself.

Once I get home, I find that several fitness trackers have all updated at roughly the same time, and the reviews are brutal: apps are pretty much useless and no longer work properly. I can say the same for the JeFit app I've used for the past several years. Now I'm looking at three different apps based on the online reviews. I'm not sure if any of them will work on my old iPhone 5, but I can try. I'm considering either Strong, GymBook or WorkOut. All got decent reviews but I need a tracker that allows me to include cardio and other non-weight-lifting exercises as part of my routine.

Meanwhile, I did my standard routine, muscling my way through the pull ups, but feeling pretty good with everything else. Except the damn bug bites on my ankles, toes, finger, forearms and other places where clothing chafes against the skin. Those are making me crazy, especially under the ankle bone because I gotta wear socks and sneakers. I'll be whacking the machine tomorrow. At least the gym's got A/C, and it hasn't been too crowded. Yaaay me!

Wednesday Workout
(5.47 miles total cardio)

Cross trainer 30 min:
143 cal
3.22 miles

31 Hammer Grip Pull Ups

100 Push Ups

3x50 Crunches

2x 60 sec Bird Dog Planks

Smith Inc Bench
30 @ 20 reps
50 @ 17
70 @ 15
80 @ 12 X 3
50 @ 25

Smith SLDLs
30@ 15 reps
80 @ 12
100 @ 12
120 @ 12
130 @ 12
80 @ 15

Smith RGBB Row
30 @ 15 reps
50 @ 13
70 @ 15

DB Lat S/S w Rev Inc Flyes
20 lbs X 12/20 X 3
25 lbs X 8/12, 10/16, 12/20

Seated One Arm Cable Rows
36.5 @ 12
45 @ 12 X 2

HGPU
112 X 30.5 (I barely got my nose to the bar)

Precor elliptical
30 min
Prgm# 1
Cal: 278
Dist:2.49

HGPU
112 X 31

3 comments:

  1. I use Fitnotes to log everything. And then a lifting program... Either Stronglifts 5x5 or the Starting Strength app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Fitnotes to log everything. And then a lifting program... Either Stronglifts 5x5 or the Starting Strength app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been looking at Strong and GymBook. Neither is really as flexible as I'd like, with only basic exercises. I can add custom exercises, but it's not the same as the old JeFit...

      Delete

Progress and Regression

There was a hail warning this morning and then it rained hard. But it was all over by the time I got the dogs to the park. Although showers ...