Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cardio Friday

I wasn't sure how I felt about doing cardio three days in a row but there's no way to know until it's done. So I did it. I got on my favorite Precor and punched in the standard 30 minutes, program Interval 7. Except for my right front outer ankle (peroneus brevis?), things felt pretty good. I'm guessing my bout on the LifeFitness elliptical on Thursday put too much stress on that joint. It doesn't hurt so I go for round two on the Precor and punch in Interval 8. I'm dragging a little but still manage to make my quotas and I'm very happy.

After a brief Cage Stretch, I wrap my hands and set my gear down under the Nexersys Station. Twelve rounds later and I'm thoroughly drenched. I get a bit vexed with the machine when it tells me that I'm punching or kicking too hard and then doesn't register the blow, lowering my accuracy score. When I look at the review screen, my accuracy runs the gamut between 62 and 100% depending on the combinations called for by the program avatar.

Looking softer is
not what I want
I feel the need for a quick stretch though and do an abbreviated Mat Stretch, skipping the Dive Bomber Push Ups and plank because my shoulders are tired and I don't want to land on my face. The gym scale reads 111.4 lbs post workout, and 109.6 lb when I get home. What's weirder is that my home scale reads 108.4 this morning when I get up. Still, what really worries me is the trend I've noticed in my body composition: more body fat, less muscle. I've really got to make that appointment for an annual and get my blood work done. And then I need a plan to deal with this.

Friday Cardio Workout
35 min Interval 7 = 4.41 miles + 35 min Interval 8 = 4.22 miles 
Grand Total = 8.63 miles  Yay!

Cage Stretch
Nexersys Boxing Station: 12 rounds Follow Me Avatar, beginner female
  Accuracy 81%  /  Strikes 105%  /  Avg Power 125% 

photos posted for actual stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...