I went to see two cover bands last Friday and it just confirmed what I had suspected. Everyone was all excited to see Love Sexy, a cover band for Prince and that didn't really thrill me. But another cover band, Side Car doing The Cars, with immensely danceable songs, well, that was exciting. And I went to the show just for them.
The venue wasn't very crowded, and it was kind of sad how barely anyone got up to dance for the opening songs and the Side Car band. I thought they were really good. But everyone jumped to their feet to wave their hands at basically undanceable Prince songs. I could barely keep myself from yawning. Seriously. I suspect the Queen cover band, Extreme Queen, this Friday will be much better than the faux Prince. I don't even care if no one dances to it, but I probably will.
Meanwhile, I took one of my dogs to get X-rays of the bony knob on his rib, and the consensus was that it was a benign bony growth, that warranted monitoring but nothing immediately alarming. I finally put the butterfly bushes and coneflowers I bought several weeks ago into the ground, and have been visited by a few Eastern Tiger Swallowtails and a lone Monarch. The milkweeds, unfortunately, are being devoured by brushy Hickory Tussock caterpillars...It's been nearly a week since I last made it to the gym. My sciatica is progressing and not in a good way. Mostly, it gets in the way of things I want or need to do. Yes, I went dancing last week in spite of it. Because sitting around doesn't make it better. Cardio warms all the muscles and ligaments so eventually I feel better, but I'm always surprised at what movements make my foot go numb, or worse. The elliptical is both good and bad, depending on whether I'm pedaling forward or backward, and at what elevation. I used to exit the elliptical feeling looser. Now, I'm happy if my foot isn't completely numb or glute isn't sore.
Pull-ups definitely make the pain worse. Reps are a struggle and ugly to boot. My right shoulder is aggravated doing normal everyday chores, like backing my car into the driveway. And that's with power steering! There were a lot more people in the free weight area today, and one was quite annoying. A tall middle-age dude, (maybe he was trying to impress the thin leggy blonde HS girl?) kept grunting with every rep of bad form DB curls that were obviously too heavy for his abilities.
I tried to minimize damage to my wonky elbows and shoulders by cutting the reps slightly for the tricep supersets. Everything else was routine. The Aerobics Room was cool and I spent a lot of time doing hamstring stretches and nerve flossing because my sciatica hurt so much. I really hate it when my foot goes numb and my calf feels like half an electrical fire.
| Butter Swim Blueberry Biscuits |
No comments:
Post a Comment