Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Day Two

My hamstrings are sore today and I'm surprised. It's not as if I did a lot of strenuous exercises yesterday, not as if I'd done anything out of the ordinary. Well, except for the paltry attempts at one-legged deadlifts. I actually did not feel any stress whatsoever on my back legs, perhaps because I was so distracted by the distress in my arches and ankles. 

Pain is like that: you can't focus on two different areas of your body simultaneously. Coordinating two different body parts, like playing a musical instrument, must be different, perhaps relying on muscle memory from rote practice. 

My arches and ankles didn't complain as much today but they were still unhappy. Of course, I put my trainers on just for this exercise as well as planks and pushups. I wonder how my shoulders will feel about doing pushups every day. There was a tiny twinge in the left shoulder. It's been more than two months since I last did a pullup. 

Once the heatwave breaks, if it ever does this summer, I'll attempt a few in the garage. I don't know when gyms will open. The unofficial word is sometime in August. Just like, after much pestering on my part, the local BSA Scout Shop will reopen the first week in August. Because we're in Phase 4 and there is no Phase 5. Most places have reopened except for gyms, movie theaters, bars, and maybe schools. We haven't learned enough about this virus to know how to proceed safely in close quarters yet. 


28July2020 4pm
85°F / 80°F

25 arm circles x 2
25 air squats x 2
25 good mornings x 2
25 side bends x2
25 side twists x 2
One-legged deadlifts (each) x 10

25 crunches x 2
25 legs up x 2
50 horizontal scissors
25 fire hydrants x 2
Elbow plank 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Pushups 25
Easy mat stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...