Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Day Three

It's not any cooler today. I start my home workout barefoot on the yoga mat, figuring that at some point my feet might get stronger. The right foot is more uncomfortable than the left, probably because anatomical issues makes it seem as if there's less padding under it. I have bony feet anyway, but it's the right foot where the little toe rolls away painfully even without the constraints of shoes.

I'm pleased that the big toe seems to be generating a normal toenail, but it is far from looking 100 percent normal. Lately, there's been sporadic pain in the nail bed but I'm attributing that to "growing pains" because anything else would be terrifying.

It takes me longer than usual to finish because today is fraught with interruptions. The backs of my legs are sore and stiff. My glutes have become painfully sore from sitting in front of my laptop. This is one of the reasons I have started doing "at-home workouts." Never mind that my clothes are too tight! I'm under no delusion without strenuous cardio I'll be able to lose this newly re-acquired baggage but maybe I'll be able to slow it down. Or at least tighten some flabby muscles. I'm not brave enough to step on the scale. Maybe next week.

I spend a lot of time "warming up" and save the perilous one-legged deadlifts for last. The leg circles require that I stand on one leg although I suppose I used to do this lying flat on my back. Circling inward and outward reminds me of Mr. Miyagi's "wax on and wax off" in that classic flick The Karate Kid. Although I do occasionally touch the sofa for support, for the most part, the one-legged deadlifts are easier and more consistent today. Perhaps it's just that I spent a lot of time warming up. Or perhaps my ankles and arches are a tad stronger?


29 July 2020 (12:25 pm - 2:35 pm)
86°F/80°F

Assorted (100) knee-high stepping, (50) side-swings, (12) hamstring stretches

25 arm circles x 6
25 hip circles x 4
25 side bends x 2
25 side twists x 2
25 big leg circles x 2 (inside/outside)
25 small leg circles x 2
25 air squats x 2
25 good mornings x 2 (x-arms)

50 crunches
50 legs up
50 scissors
25 fire hydrants x 2
Elbow plank 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Superman 60s
Pushups 25
One-legged deadlifts 10 each
Easy mat stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...