Friday, August 16, 2019

Solo Cardio Friday

I haven't done a Cardio Friday workout in several weeks. It feels a little strange getting back to it. I skip the Norwegian 4 x 4 for Precor elliptical Fitness Program 3 and do it for 30 plus minutes. There's also that 5-minute cool down afterward which I never use to cool down. That's what time in the stretch cage is for! Today I'll also do three sets of pull-ups. I hope my elbow puts up with my ambitions.

My beat-up old yoga pants are so worn that they slip down my hips during cardio. Yep, I'm retiring them from active duty. They're perfectly fine to walk around in, except they have no pockets and won't stay up during an intense "run" when I'm doing HIIT cardio. Nothing more annoying than constantly having to yank your pants back up while pedaling furiously.

I recognize a few regulars. Stinky Butt has been wearing cologne or deodorant so I can't call him Stinky Butt anymore. He's not here today though. Pullups don't feel too bad, but I'm not doing any more than 20 at a stretch. It's enough. I do time on the Step Mill and become annoyed when B texts me out of the blue. Ugh. I give serious thought to switching my phone to airplane mode. I hate being interrupted for trivial chit-chat while I'm in the middle of something. My phone will keep buzzing me to let me know I have a text unless I click on it. That means I've read it. Not answering would be rude. My text back is prompt but brief. The only reason I don't turn off text notifications is so my son can get a hold of me in case of an emergency. Otherwise, it'd be off for my entire workout.

B hasn't seen me all summer and is dying to know if I've been on vacation or something. If she'd been paying any sort of attention, she'd remember that I bring my son during the summer and we come later in the day. But that's the sort of detail I remember about other people. She doesn't remember anything about other people because all she can focus on is herself. It's one of the reasons I don't talk to her anymore.

Like most introverts, I value a few close friendships and don't have the time, energy or interest for anything more superficial. Acquaintance relationships have to be really easy to maintain or else they just fall away. Maintaining a lot of noisy relationships is completely exhausting. It's funny, but I've never thought of myself as an introvert until this past month. It's kind of a relief to realize I'm not that weird after all.

After the Step Mill, I do a set of pull-ups, look around and settle on the cross-trainer for my last cardio exercise. Then a final set of pull-ups. (I skip Walking Lunges yet again because it's the one movement that totally wastes me. My husband and I have to leave at 5:30 am tomorrow to retrieve our son from Scout Camp. Parents are expected to be there no later than 9 am and it's over a 3-hour drive. Sitting in a car for 3 hours the day after an intense workout will be painful enough.) The 2:1 Seated Leg Curl feels pretty good though. I might consider upping the weight slightly the next time I do this.

Before getting down to Mat Stretches, I decide to video myself doing those alternate hand pushups. That's where I discover exactly where my hands place, and it's not quite at hip and shoulder. But it is asymmetrical. Good enough! I also know I shouldn't be doing downward dogs and pushups in general. I did these twice because shooting a video with an iPhone takes a bit of practice, and even then, it's not the best angle. But you get the idea. And no, I won't be doing them again. Because my vision is more important.



Solo Cardio Friday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 3
Miles 2.94
Calories 331
HR 150-200 (86-87, 97)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 22

Crunches 50/50
Leg horizontal scissors 50
Bicycles 50
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

20 Step Mill
Level 3
Calories 114
Total steps 718
Floors 44
HR 136

HGPU 20

15 X-trainer + cd
Manual Level 1
Calories 143
Miles 2.08
BPM 145

HGPU 20

2:1 Seated Leg Curls
15lbs x 12
30 x 12 x 3

Mat Stretch with
2 x 6 alternate hand pushups




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...