Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Super Heroes of Old

I guess they call it the Fitness Olympia now after the super-freaky over-muscled "women in chromosomes only" winners took over the Ms Olympia stage. I completely lost interest in bodybuilding after Lenda Murray took the crown from 6-time winner Cory Everson. But my heroes go further back.

Go to Google and look up Lynn Conkwright, Clare Furr, Sharon Bruneau. I've included a few images I grabbed off the web. I actually met Clare Furr once and had her autograph a color photo I kept on my fridge for the longest of time. She was so wonderfully nice and gracious.

Lynn Conkwright



Clare Furr

Sharon Bruneau



The one thing I realized today is that I actually am a tiny person. I feel like I have big arms and big legs, but really, as tomorrow's post will show, I'm pretty small, and have a lot of work to do. Egads! I had no idea! Luckily, tomorrow is a back and biceps day, and I have a few new exercises I want to try out in my new routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...